Bots for Salesforce
Bots are the very advanced feature of ValueText. You can automate most of the
business scenarios because these bots can automatically identify the
contact, update the records, create the record and access the records at
Few use cases:
Collect the feedback when case closed.
Escalate or create the case using bot.
Collect the data from your customer and update via bots.
Assign the workorders and acceptance automation.
Convert incomplete data lead to complete data lead.
Update the lead from bot- sample video https://youtu.be/BnJ9nafirqs
Update case - sample video https://youtu.be/YUI9oHKyE_U
Create a case from bot - sample Video https://youtu.be/RNb1rQWu1Z4
Whats is BOT:
Bot is having many bot elements and bot take care of bot elements when and
which bot element has to execute.
Whats is BOT Element
Bot element is the child elements of bot. Each bot element hold the
templates, options and condition when it has to execute and what text it has
to send. One bot element will hold many bot elements. Like tree structure.
What is BOT Form
BOT Form is to hold the data (question & Answer) of chat. In the entire
bot chat you can store required data set of chat. Bot Form help to drive the
data to any object like lead or contact or custom object records.
When the Bot action completed the status of the BOT Form will be “Completed”
based on the status you write process builder action to pas the data to
ValueText is currently supporting two types of bots.
- Request bot
- Keyword based bot
1. Request Bot:
- We request you to watch 30 seconds lenth video before you read Request
Use case: Collect data
from customer when lead created
- Flow starts from Salesforce. These bots can be executed from workflow or
process builder or manually triggering.
Ex: When the case is closed, you can execute the bot from workflow to collect
the feedback from customer.
2. Keyword based bot:
- These BOTs are executed by your customer with the help of Keyword. When
the customer replies HELP from SMS or WhatsApp respective BOT will be
- You can define your own keyword like HELP, HI ….
- Based on customer input your bot program (set of BOT Elements) executes
automatically and sends automatic reply.
Ex: You can publish your Number at your website and your customer can reply
with specific keyword to create a case or apply for load or know about last
“keyword to start the bot” – When you send “Support” from you phone to the
“sender Id” (154151) then this bot will execute automatically.
“Sender id” – All Keyword based bots should have one common sender id and
that you can not use for any other use in the system. It is phone number.
“keyword to start the bot” – each keyword based bots should have unique
keyword to start like support,help,ok company name…
“Add/view questionset if record not found in my salesforce” – Bot
automatically find the respective contact in your system based on the mobile
number. If the customer replied with the different number which is not there
in your salesforce then it will ask you the pre set question like
name,email, company …., . If system found the contact then it wont ask you
the pre-set questions you defined like name,email… . You can add multiple
pre-set question by clicking that link
“add/ view next level bot element”- Click this link to add next level bot
2.1 Bot Element
- BOT is having n number of program steps. Based on customer reply
respective bot element will be executed.
- BOT will have many sub steps , each step is called BOT Element.
- BOT is having multiple chain of “BOT Elements”, each BOT Element consist
of set of instructions to reply the customer
- BOT Element is having below options
- Bot Element Question
- Define keyword options
- Ignore reply and execute next element
- Data validation
- Reply text if keyword not matched
- BOT Form field mapping
2.2 Bot Element Question
- Each bot element should have “Text Question” or Template. It will
execute when bot element executed.
Ex: Your case is closed, Please rate the
2.3 Define Keyword
- You can define 4 keyword options (Option 1, Option 2, Option 3 &
Option 4) , you can set integer or string in the options. These are
- These “options” are optional.
- Each Option will have “Skip exact keyword match” check box, it act likes
a contains check. Ex: you defined “Stop” and your customer reply “Stop
- Each Option has a provision to setup “Add / View next level bot
element”. If reply keyword match then it fire option liked bot element.
2.3 Ignore reply and execute next level bot element
- In the entire process of bot you may need no options in some steps but
need to execute next level bot element. Ex: your question is “Describe
about the issue”, In this case you don’t need options.
- Whenever you enable “Ignore reply and go to next bot element” and save.
It will give an option to add next level bot element.
- Q. Can I add options and enable “Ignore reply” for the same bot
- A. Yes, You can. If customer reply match with keyword then keyword
related bot element will execute. If no option matched then “Ignore
reply” related bot element will execute.
2.4 Data Validation
- In the chat you can validate the data.
Ex: Bot element question is “What is your email address?” when customer enter
the data with invalid email type then bot element will return “Invalid email
- Like that you can validate number and email type. You can also define
your own custom data validation reply message.
- Q. Can I add date validation?
- A. Currently we don’t have date validation. You can use Number
validation and ask day, month and year in separate bot question.
2.5 Reply text if keyword not matched
- You can define custom message, if customer reply does not match with any
of the option you set. Ex: you have 1,2,3 &4 options but customer
reply with 5 then your message will be sent to the customer like “
Please enter in between 1 to 4.
2.6 BOT Form field mapping
- You need to map the respective BOT form fields with the BOT question and
- Read “3. BOT FORM” section to know more.
- This option will be enabled when “BOT Form” check box is marked as true
- BOT Form is designed to store your bot element questions and answers
- Your BOT is having set of question (BOT Elements) and your customer
reply with different answer for each question. You can store every
question and answer at bot element based on the mappings you set
- BOT Form is having field “Status” and it will automatically update
respective value like Submitted, In Progress & Completed.
- Submitted - When the BOT Initiated.
- In Progress - When customer started reply or BOT is serving to the
- Completed - When the BOT is completed (All bot elements was answered by
- Each BOT & BOT Form automatically linked to respective record like
contact or Lead or Case or Custom Object.
- The related record id stored “Related to” field of the BOT Form and BOT
and system automatically map the related to field value to the
respective look up field you have. Like if the related id field value is
contact id then it will map the respective contact at contact lookup
field for the BOT & BOT Form.
- In case of Keyword based BOT, system automatically link the respective
contact or related record based on the mobile number of the customer.
(Note: in some cases system will not able to map the respective related
- You can write Process Builder action under BOT Form record when the
status is completed to pass the date from BOT form record to related
record (Related to) (Contact/ Lead / custom object record).
- You can update or create a related (related to) record by writing a
process builder action under the BOT Form when the BOT Form status is
- Do not write a Process Builder action when the BOT Form Status is in
Progress which makes BOT execution slow. Customers get reply from
- Can I create custom field on BOT Form?
- Yes, You can create n number of field and map at bot element.
- Q. Where can I see BOT and BOT Form under related
- A. Please drag a related list from the layout. You can see how many bots
executed for record.
- Q. How to make relation between BOT & BOT Form with custom
- A. Simply create a look up field under BOT & BOT Form with custom or
standard (If relation not there) object.
- Q. How many BOTs I can create?
- A. You can create n number of BOTs (Keyword & Request BOTs).
- Q. I send two bot request to customer. Which bot will
- A.Only the latest received bot one will work and last will be inactive
- Q. How can I send multiple bot requests to the customer at same
- A. You can send bot requests with multiple sender ids to serve in same
- Q. How many BOTS I can create?
- A. You can create n number of bots.